We are an award-winning, private counselling practice offering CBT Therapy and Psychotherapy. We are qualified to support children age 7+ right up to older adults. We particularly excel in supporting people with anxiety, depression and stress.
Read on below to understand how we could help you, or get in contact with us below.
Why might I need counselling or CBT?
Low mood, depression, anxiety and stress are really common difficulties. They can affect people, in many different ways. You may be noticing some of these signs in your everyday life, which may be supported by therapy and counselling:
- Low self-esteem/confidence to fulfil your potential at work or in relationships
- Low mood or depression that’s hard to manage
- Negative and self-critical thoughts about yourself
- Lack of motivation making it hard to do your usual work or leisure activities.
- Worrying lots about various different things like relationships, work, social events.
- Sleep problems, e.g. not being able to fall asleep or stay asleep the whole night
- Perfectionistic traits meaning you always go the extra mile and it’s draining you.
- Avoiding certain situations, such as social events or performing.
If you recognise these signs, it might be time to seek some counselling. We offer two types of therapy:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a talking therapy that has tons of research as being one of the most effective treatments for low mood and many anxiety disorders (e.g. generalised anxiety, panic, OCD, social anxiety, phobias, PTSD and health anxiety). It allows you space to reflect on the past and how it has led to the current difficulties, but also gives you the knowledge and skills to manage the difficulties in the present time.
- We also offer integrative Psychotherapy, whereby our practitioners are trained in CBT, psychoanalytic therapy and existential therapy. Sometimes drawing from a range of models for some difficulties can be really helpful. Psychoanalytic psychotherapy helps you to process your feelings, the past and the present, where existential therapy is great for managing the anxiety from a philosophical perspective. Our psychotherapists are particularly well trained and experienced in working with low mood, self-esteem, worries, stress, transitions, grief and anger difficulties.
How can Brighter Life Therapy help me?
Our approach to providing therapy is simple but efficient. We understand that you want quick access to counselling, so that you can improve your wellbeing. At Brighter Life Therapy, we endeavour to provide you with 3 things:
- Fast access – much quicker than going via the NHS. We aim to provide an assessment within just two weeks, and then can start treatment the next. Get in touch via the box below.
- Qualified, experienced and accredited therapists in CBT or psychotherapy which is the most recommended treatment for low mood, anxiety and stress. Our therapists are also accredited with the governing bodies (British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies; BABCP and National Counselling Society) to ensure high standards of care. We only work with highly skilled therapists with a good track record.
- A kind and non-judgemental space – we know how tough it can be to seek support, but we’ll work closely with you to understand what’s happening and give you all the tools you need to increase your confidence and manage the difficulties.
Therapy in Reading, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and London
We opened our business in 2020 in Reading and work closely with schools and other professionals in the Berkshire area. As our business has grown, we have also taken on more therapists from further afield, such as Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and London. We therefore have good knowledge of these areas and their local services. However, we are open and welcome to anyone living in the UK.
“Thank you for spending your time chatting with me. I really appreciate it, you were so fast in your response to my need for help. ”
Get in touch to discuss your counselling needs
and find the right therapist for you
Please fill in the details below, then press ‘submit the form’. The Clinical Director will review the form, and be in touch via email within 1 working day to discuss their recommendations, and provide you with a link to book an assessment with the most appropriate therapist.