What is self-care?
Self-care refers to the things we do to look after ourselves. Self-care is incredibly important to ensure that we are living our best, more fulfilling lives. It takes account of our physical and mental health, as without one, we cannot fully have the other.
What self-care activities can I do?
There are so many activities you could choose from, and it depends on what you enjoy. You need to choose activities that feel comfortable for you. You might like of these examples below:
- Get regular, good quality sleep
- Eat healthily
- Do a hobby you enjoy
- Express gratitude e.g. with a gratitude journal
- Take lunch breaks at work
- Spend time in nature
- Take long baths
- Go to a spa
- Pamper yourself
As we have just reached 1000 followers on instagram, we are offering a giveaway based on self-care!
- The Self Love Colouring Book
- Crayola Colouring Pencils (12 Pack)
- 3, 4, 5 Pad
- A5 Print – ‘You’re Doing So Well’
- A5 Print – ‘Breathe in. Breathe out.’
- A5 Print – ‘Love Yourself’
To enter, just follow Brighter Life Therapy and Mellow Doodles instagram pages and tag a friend in the post. To find out more, check out the post here.
If you’d like one to one counselling or CBT to better manage your self-care, find out more about sessions here.